As a holistic psychotherapist, I take a whole-person approach. I believe that in order to be authentically happy, one must attend to the health of mind, body, and spirit. My approach is warm, open and collaborative; working with you to explore reactions, emotional patterns, and thought processes. I encourage honest exchange at your own pace while providing you with tangible techniques to take into your life. The goal is to create a safe, interactive and trusting relationship where troubling and sensitive issues can be explored and understood. To me there is no greater calling than supporting people as they work to find happiness and fulfillment
Through our work together you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your goals
- Develop skills for improving your relationships
- Learn new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Manage anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improve communication and listening skills
- Change old behavior patterns and develop healthy new ones
- Improve your self-esteem and boost your confidence
Treatment and Philosophy
Whatever is happening for you right now, that’s where we’ll start. It all begins with wherever we’ve found ourselves at this moment, whether that is anxious, scared, depressed, confused, heartbroken, or otherwise in some kind of pain we don’t know how to get out of on our own. I work with clients to create the kinds of internal shifts that result in meaningful and lasting change, stronger connections, and an increased sense of, “I’ve got this” to whatever life brings .
Who I Treat
Individuals, Families, and Couples. I specialize in helping adults who struggle with depression, anxiety, as well as substance use and body-image-related issues. I help good people who have difficult problems take the necessary steps to make their lives and relationships become better, more productive, and easier.
I draw from evidence-based techniques and methodologies that I have seen and experienced as being effective. My perspective fuses elements of traditional Western psychology with Eastern philosophies of healing (such as mindfulness meditation, yoga and other mind/body practices). I won't give you band-aid solutions, because I'm much more interested in getting to the root cause of issues in order to support your true healing.
Education and Credentials
I hold a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute and a Bachelors of Arts from the University of California Santa Barbara. I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Lic. #96691). I have also studied under exceptional psychoanalysts and functional psychiatrists. As a psychotherapist, I have trained in the modalities most effective in facilitating balance, creativity, and capacity to heal from the past and move forward with authenticity.
$120 per 50-minute session
*At times I am able to offer a sliding scale to accommodate those in financial need, so don't hesitate to call.
Insurance: While I don't accept insurance directly for payment, if you have a PPO which reimburses for out of network mental health providers, I can provide you with a bill of services that you can then submit to your provider for reimbursement. It's worth a call to your provider to find out, as some reimburse up 70%.
Payment: Cash, Check, Credit, and Paypal
What is Holistic Counseling?
- It is based on the assumption that we all have the innate capacity for change and healing.
- It regards each client, not their condition, as the center of focus in treatment.
- It integrates multiple evidence-based approaches to the process of psychotherapy.
- It regards the mind, body, and spirit as equally important in the cultivation of well-being.
- It encourages compassionate, mindful awareness of one’s whole experience.
- It encourages reflection, contemplation, and a gradual opening to one’s deeper experience.
- It emphasizes the replacement of old negative habits and new positive patterns for optimal healing.
- It offers a powerful and direct way to become aware of choices and expanded capacity for actualization of potential.
What Issues Can Benefit From Holistic Counseling?
Please note: I am legally and ethically unable to provide psychological advice, diagnoses, or assessments via email to people who are not my clients. However, once you are able to meet me in my office, you are then welcome to email me regarding appointments.
- Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety
- Depression and Grief
- Acute Stress and Post-Trauma
- Obsession and Compulsion
- Self-image, Eating and Exercise Disorders
- Relational Discord
- Life Transitions